Sites Web WordPress
What is WordPress?
WordPress is an open source content management system.. This means that anyone can use WordPress for free, and you don’t need to have any advanced web development skills to create a WordPress website… and that’s its biggest advantage!
WordPress is extremely popular: between 30% and 40% of all websites on the net are made with WordPress! The ease of creation and the fact that a WordPress site allows users to easily modify and add content to the website is a big reason why this platform is so popular.
Typically, the design of a WordPress website begins with the selection of a graphic theme, and development involves the use of extensions to facilitate integration.
What types of sites can be built with WordPress?
Many years ago, WordPress was primarily used to build blogs. That said, things have evolved greatly and WordPress is now used by all types of businesses.
WordPress is mainly used to create showcase websites; however, it is possible to make a WordPress site transactional with WooCommerce.
The advantages of WordPress
- Open source, therefore free
- Easy and quick to deploy
- Many themes and plugins available
- Good referencing capacity (SEO)
- Easy and efficient management interface for the user (CMS)
- Large community of developers (support)
- Using plugins can slow down the site and hurt SEO
- Themes and extensions create issues with security, performance, etc.
- Need to update WordPress version and extensions to avoid many problems
- Not all themes and extensions offer support for problems
Who should use WordPress for their website?
If you are looking for a solution for a showcase website that allows you to be autonomous and update your website yourself, WordPress is definitely worth considering!
Contact us now and a member of our team will be happy to answer you as soon as possible.
Wondering if WordPress is the right platform for your new website? Contact us now and a member of our team will be happy to answer you as soon as possible.